Re: Plotting cross-section and the underlying terrain together

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Feb 09 2012 - 09:44:14 MST

Hi Luis,
You just need to tell wrf_overlays to not draw the plot nor advance the
frame, as you wish to add to the plot itself. You can do that by setting
pltres@PanelPlot = True. Then you would need to call overlay:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/overlay.shtml
and finally manually draw the plot and advance the frame. Something like
this should work:

contour_ter = gsn_csm_xy(wks,X_plane,ter_plane,opts_ter)
pltres@PanelPlot = True
plot =
wrf_overlays(a,wks,(/contour_w,contour_th,vector,contour_ter/),pltres)
overlay(plot,contour_ter)
draw(plot)
frame(wks)

Adam