2d an 3d fields on the same vertical cross section

From: BasitAli Khan <BasitAli.Khan_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun Feb 12 2012 - 01:36:49 MST

Hi NCL users,

I am trying to plot few 3d and one 2d field (pbl "planetary boundary layer height") in a vertical cross section. The vertical cross section of 3d fields is ok but I am unable to get to the point as how would I define and plot a 2d variable on the same vertical cross section. I did it easily in GrADS and attaching it to give you an idea as what I actually want to plot in ncl.

I would greatly appreciate if somebody could give me some idea, advise, or share some piece of ncl code for plot 3d and 3 d fields in the same vertical cross section.

Thanks and best regards,

---
Basit A. Khan, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Division of Physical Sciences & Engineering
Office# 3204, Level 3, Building 1,
King Abdullah University of Science & Technology
4700 King Abdullah Blvd, Box 2753, Thuwal 23955 –6900,
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Office: +966(0)2 808 0276,  Mobile: +966(0)5 0860 3617
E-mail: basitali.khan@kaust.edu.sa
Skype name: basit.a.khan