Re: 2d an 3d fields on the same vertical cross section

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Feb 13 2012 - 09:44:10 MST

Hi Basit,
This is quite possible to do in NCL. I would think that the easiest
thing to do would be to use gsn_add_polyline:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Interfaces/gsn_add_polyline.shtml

So the order would be:
res = True
res@gsnDraw = False
res@gsnFrame = False
plot = gsn_csm_contour(wks,field,res)
polyres = True
polyres@gsLineColor = "red"
dum = gsn_add_polyline(wks,plot,pbl_latitudes,pbl_values,polyres)
draw(plot)
frame(wks)

Note that the pbl_latitudes array must be in the same range as the
latitude coordinate variable in the field array.
I hope that helps. If not, please respond to ncl-talk.
Adam