Re: fatal:Conditional statements (if and do while) require SCALAR logical values, see all and any functions

From: ahmed lasheen <ahmed4kernel_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Feb 22 2012 - 12:09:52 MST

Hello
i have tried it by i got the following error.
fatal:Subscript out of range, error in subscript #1
fatal:An error occurred reading lat
fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 109 in file mm5_surface.ncl
i have attached the file.
thanks in advance

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 8:13 PM, Mary Haley <haley@ucar.edu> wrote:

> The problem appears to be with you settings for mpRightCornerLatF and
> mpRightCornerLonF:
>
> mpRightCornerLonF : ( -32.06448, -18.5047 )
> mpRightCornerLatF : ( 69.61206, 59.33691 )
>

> Make sure you set these to scalar values, and not arrays.
>
> resm@mpRightCornerLatF = lat(dimsizes(lat)-1,0)
> resm@mpRightCornerLonF = lon(dimsizes(lon)-1,0)
>
> I'm surprised the above even worked, given that lat and lon are 2D arrays.
> I think what you want is this:
>
> latlon_dims = dimsizes(lat)
> nlat = latlon_dims(0)
> nlon = latlon_dims(1)
> resm@mpRightCornerLatF = lat(nlat-1,0)
> resm@mpRightCornerLonF = lon(nlat-1,0)
>
> Or, what I think you really want is this:
>
> resm@mpRightCornerLatF = lat(nlat-1,nlon-1)
> resm@mpRightCornerLonF = lon(nlat-1,nlon-1)
>
> --Mary
>
> On Feb 22, 2012, at 10:34 AM, ahmed lasheen wrote:
>
> thanks for your help
> i have attached the output and the output of print(resm)
>
> Copyright (C) 1995-2011 - All Rights Reserved
> NCAR Command Language Version 6.0.0
> The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
> See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.
> (0) get_polar_type: Warning: No polar projection has been selected.
> Defaulting to northern hemisphere.
> cp: cannot stat `ahmed_red_blue.rgb': No such file or directory
>

> Variable: for_time_print
> Type: string
> Total Size: 200 bytes
> 25 values
> Number of Dimensions: 1
> Dimensions and sizes: [25]
> Coordinates:
> (0) 12Z FRI 25 Apr 1986
> (1) 18Z FRI 25 Apr 1986
> (2) 00Z SAT 26 Apr 1986
> (3) 06Z SAT 26 Apr 1986
> (4) 12Z SAT 26 Apr 1986
> (5) 18Z SAT 26 Apr 1986
> (6) 00Z SUN 27 Apr 1986
> (7) 06Z SUN 27 Apr 1986
> (8) 12Z SUN 27 Apr 1986
> (9) 18Z SUN 27 Apr 1986
> (10) 00Z MON 28 Apr 1986
> (11) 06Z MON 28 Apr 1986
> (12) 12Z MON 28 Apr 1986
> (13) 18Z MON 28 Apr 1986
> (14) 00Z TUE 29 Apr 1986
> (15) 06Z TUE 29 Apr 1986
> (16) 12Z TUE 29 Apr 1986
> (17) 18Z TUE 29 Apr 1986
> (18) 00Z WED 30 Apr 1986
> (19) 06Z WED 30 Apr 1986
> (20) 12Z WED 30 Apr 1986
> (21) 18Z WED 30 Apr 1986
> (22) 00Z THR 01 May 1986
> (23) 06Z THR 01 May 1986
> (24) 12Z THR 01 May 1986
> removed directory: `../output/mm5/surface'
> (0) working on the ../output/mm5/surface/000.png map at_time 12Z FRI 25
> Apr 1986 Forcast Hours
>

> Variable: resm
> Type: logical
> Total Size: 4 bytes
> 1 values
> Number of Dimensions: 1
> Dimensions and sizes: [1]
> Coordinates:
> [...]

Ahmed Lasheen
Junior researcher at Cairo Numerical Weather Prediction Center (CNWPC)
Egyptian Meteorological Authority(EMA)
Cairo,Egypt