how can i read the head information from a binary data fileset

From: Jie Tang <totangjie_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sat Mar 03 2012 - 01:53:59 MST

hi,ncl users.
 I have a binary format data file. And the first record of this file is the
head information that described its data format.
And the head line included several variables in different format with
"string" "float " and "integer".
 For example this head line is :
 STNNAME 2012 3 3 1 120.1 30.2
  How could I read these head line into my ncl script.
like that :
recinfo=cbinread(fili,162,c("string","integer","integer","integer","real"."real"))
of course ,the aforementioned command line does not works.Can anyone help
me ?

--
TANG Jie