Re: wrf_user_getvar segfault - for cape_2d

From: Will Thurston <willthurston_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sat Mar 03 2012 - 01:06:16 MST

Hi Dennis,

I tried the script with a 2 timestep version of the wrfout file and it
still segfaulted when getting cape_2d. I also tried your ncks
"thinned-out" version (with just two timesteps and with all 24
timesteps) and both worked fine.

It also works OK if I try it on a d01 or d02 file, so it seems like
the problem is to do with the number of points in the domain. I'd be
surprised if lack of memory was the problem though, I'm running on a
cluster and throwing plenty of mem/vmem at it.

Cheers,
Will.