Plotting Problem after reading a variable from ascii file

From: Soumik Basu <sbasu_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Mar 19 2012 - 14:00:17 MDT

Hi,

I am calculating eddy kinetic energy and writing it out in ascii file.
The problem that I am having is that when I am reading this ascii file
to make plots, the plots look weird. When I am plotting it out after
doing the calculation in the script in a script calculating kinetic
energy the plots looks fine. But when I am reading the same KE data from
an ascii file and making average of the two ascii files in program
eke_plot_xseries1.ncl I am getting some odd looking plot.
I am attaching the program script, and two sample ascii files (eke_tes1
and eke_test2) and the weird plot showing the mean of the two ascii
files.

This is how I am writing the ascii files:
;*******************************************************
; Write monthly mean to ascii file
;*******************************************************
   fmtx = "256f9.4"
   opt_1 = True
   opt_1@fout = "eke_test1"
   write_matrix(eke_mon_avg,fmtx,opt_1)

When I am plotting this "eke_mon_avg" in this program it is fine.

Thanks,
Soumik

--
"Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel
it.