Re: NCL plot orientation changing from one computer cluster to another

From: Dave Allured <dave.allured_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Mar 14 2012 - 12:46:58 MDT

Kelly,

Okay, the paper orientation resources should be specified for the base
plot, not for the overlay object "contour_tot" in your script. That
was my mistake, sorry.

I took a closer look at the wrf_map_overlays function which controls
the base plot in your scenario. Try moving the two gsn resources
lower down to pltres, like this:

   pltres = True
   pltres@gsnMaximize = True
   pltres@gsnPaperOrientation = "landscape"

Also try switching "landscape" to "portrait" to ensure the sense of rotation.

If that does not work, then please contact the WRF help line at
wrfhelp@ucar.edu with this question. Good luck.

--Dave