Re: ncl_convert2nc problem

From: David Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Mar 26 2012 - 14:59:23 MDT

Hi Patricia,
NCL 6.0.0 and earlier versions of NCL have a problem in the HDFEOS reader when they encounter a projection code they do not recognize -- in your case projection code 16 which translates to "Sinusoidal". The core dump occurs because they try to write a NULL value for the value of the "projection" attribute. This has been fixed in 6.1.0. More projection codes are recognized, and, even more important, if the code is not recognized, NCL at least writes "unknown" for the projection rather than NULL.
Unfortunately there is no work-around for your problem. You will need to get NCL 6.1.0 to fix it. We can most likely get a binary to you if you need it right now. Otherwise the new version will be available around the end of April.
 -dave