Re: Hello all

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Mar 26 2012 - 14:51:35 MDT

On Mar 26, 2012, at 2:44 PM, Dennis Shea wrote:

> Likely, it means you have not loaded a library that
> contains the function/procedure you called.

It could also mean that you have an older version of NCL that
doesn't contain the function/procedure you're referencing.

If you go to the documentation for a particular
function or procedure, it will tell you if you need to load a special
script in order to use it. It might also tell you what version that
function was added in, if it's a newer one.

For example, if you go to:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/clmDayTLL.shtml

The "Prototype" section tells you need to load this script:

load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/contributed.ncl"

to use the function.

--Mary