converting 2D array to 3D array

From: juki juki <juky_emc2_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Apr 06 2012 - 03:19:58 MDT

Hi all, I would like to convert 2D to 3D array and save it as ascii file (txt file).  Enclosed file is an example. This file is from 3 hours observation(hourly) for latitude -10:10 and longitude 70:160E. I want to convert this 2D (303 x 406) to become 3D (101 x 406x 3) and save it to ascii file or if it is not possible to binary file. I think, almost all of NCAR data like OLR is 3D array format, but in nc file, how to produce it for text file or binary file using ncl language ? Thanks for sharing.... JuKy