Fwd: NCL - panel plot problem

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Mar 29 2012 - 08:58:14 MDT

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: NCL - panel plot problem
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 14:48:24 +0200
From: Runde, Theresa <Theresa.Runde@dlr.de>
To: Dennis Shea <shea@ucar.edu>

Hi Dennis,

I want to do a pressure-latitude panel plot. Each of the plots is a
'contour on colour' overlay plot. I certainly want the pressure labels
only on the left plot (because of shortage of space). But the panel plot
always looks like the attached one (the left plot in the panel is
smaller than the others). I can not resize it with trying this:
    res@vpHeightF = 0.8
    res@vpWidthF = 0.2

The plots are only of the SAME size, if they ALL have a YAxis title and
exactly the same labels (if I change the pressure label '1000' to '100'
the left plot becomes smaller).

Could you please help me figuring out this problem?