Re: Transparent Background

From: Paul Scorer <paul.scorer01_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Mar 28 2012 - 14:10:28 MDT

There is also an ImageMagick fork, called GraphicsMagick.

See http://www.graphicsmagick.org/

It's in the Linux repos (at least for Fedora).

The interface is pretty much identical, except you need to write
gm convert ...

It is much faster, as it is a parallelised implementation.

FYI, I use it to _make_ the background transparent (from a directly
produced NCL png)!

HTH

PaulS