Re: missing value issue

From: Hobbs, Will R (3244-Affiliate) <William.R.Hobbs_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Apr 13 2012 - 12:44:28 MDT

Alexander

The function 'readAsciiTable' doesn't assing a '_FillValue to to it's output, (i.e. variables simdata and obsdata in your script) so you need to assign the attribute your self, i.e.

> obsdata@_FillValue = -999.

For future reference, a useful test for this kind of problem is the 'printMinMax()' function, since it won't return any recognised missing values, so if

printMinMax(obsdata, True) returns '-999.' you know that the _FillValue attribute needs to be set.

Will

Will Hobbs, Ph.D. William.R.Hobbs@jpl.nasa.gov
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
4800 Oak Grove Dr. office: 300-324a