input in flex scanner failed

From: Àî¼ÎÅô <lijpbasin_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed May 16 2012 - 02:09:46 MDT

Hi
I'm using an NCL script to process some data, it takes several hours to complete.
Near the end of the program, NCL aborted with a message "input in flex scanner failed".
There is no clue when or near which line the problem occured, as they seem placed randomly among the program's other output.
I don't know how to reproduce this error message easily since the program would ended successfully last night and this morning with a different set of data files, and I can't afford the time to run the program repeatedly with the current set of data files...

There's only one place in the source file that contains "input in flex scanner failed", the YY_INPUT macro defined in "ni/src/ncl/Symbol.h".
It looks like a part of program parser which reads the NCL program into the interpreter. (am I right?) So I wonder it might not be some program with the NCL program, but the scanning process. I did modify the NCL program while it was running, at line 169,
  g_nearest_model_1d_ind = minind(dist_square)
   g_nearest_model_1d_ind(si) = minind(dist_square)
Will the NCL interpreter scan the code again after it's done with the data process at line 177 to 191?

I'm running the program all over again, hoping this time it will pass.
And here's the main program, any suggestion is welcomed.

Regards
Jiapeng