Re: Printing Times Series for several grid points from wrf output files

From: jagan TNAU <jagan_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue May 15 2012 - 22:13:56 MDT

Dear Elena,

No direct way available for writing time series files from wrfout to ascii
format with grids as column. For our operational forecast (can.tnau.ac.in)
first we post process it using ARWpost to grads binary, use grads script to
pick the variable you require and convert grads binary into ascii files
using fortran script. Then we use grads as well as NCL scripts to display
the variables for our requirements. All these can be automated using shall
scripts.

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 8:19 PM, Dennis Shea <shea@ucar.edu> wrote:

> The NCO may do what you want.
>
> If not, lease resend to ncl-talk more details.
> Are the point scattered (if so, how many); are they a block of points;
>

> On 5/15/12 4:59 AM, Andrea N. Hahmann wrote:
> > Dear Elena
> >
> > Have you consider using NCO? If you need only a grid point value, ncks
> > would probably be the best choice for you. More info is available at:
> > http://nco.sourceforge.net/nco.html#ncks-netCDF-Kitchen-Sink
> >
> > Regards,
> > Andrea
> > ----
> > Andrea N. Hahmann
> > Senior Scientist
> > DTU Wind Energy
> >
> > *Technical University of Denmark
> > *Risø Campus
> > Frederikborgvej 399, P.O. Box 49
> > 4000 Roskilde, Denmark
> >
> > Direct +45 4677 5471
> > Mobil: +45 2133 0550
> > ahah@dtu.dk
> > http://www.vindenergi.dtu.dk/
> >

> > From: Elena Maria Pison San Pedro <emp@dhi.com.sg <mailto:emp@dhi.com.sg
> >>
> > To: "ncl-talk@ucar.edu <mailto:ncl-talk@ucar.edu>" <ncl-talk@ucar.edu
> > <mailto:ncl-talk@ucar.edu>>
> > Subject: Printing Times Series for several grid points from
> > wrf output files
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I’m trying to print ascii files containing the time series of RAINC but
> > for quite a lot of grid points.
> >
> > Is it possible to extract from wrf-output files several ascii files
> > enumerated by the latitude longitude “name” of the grid?
> >
> > Could anyone suggest me which functions should I use?
> >
> > Thanks a lot in advance?
> >
> > Elena

With regards
Dr.R.Jagannathan
Professor of Agronomy,
Department of Agronomy
Tamil Nadu Agricultural University,
Coimbatore - 641 003 India
PHONE:  Mob: +91 94438 89891
DO NOT PRINT THIS E-MAIL UNLESS NECESSARY. THE ENVIRONMENT CONCERNS US ALL.