Re: Annotation on map

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu May 24 2012 - 08:49:43 MDT

Hi Andrea,

I think part of the problem is your setting for amParallelPosF and amOrthogonalPosF. These are supposed to be small values, like 0.5 or -0.5 to move stuff away from the center of the plot.

When you use gsn_add_annotation to attach an object to plot, the default is that the object gets attached to the center of the plot. So, I think that since your center is already at 15E, 55N,
then hopefully you shouldn't need amParallelPosF and amOrthogonalPosF at all.

If all you are trying to do is attach a text string, can you use gsn_add_text?

--Mary