Annotation on map

From: Andrea N. Hahmann <ahah_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu May 24 2012 - 05:17:57 MDT

Good morning (to most of you),

I have a problem locating an annotation on a map. In the attached script I make a simple map whose center is near 15.E 55.N. Then, I try to locate an annotation at these coordinates:

  datatondc(base_map,15.,55.,x_out,y_out)
  print(x_out+" "+y_out)
  amres@amParallelPosF = x_out
  amres@amOrthogonalPosF = y_out
  amres@amJust = "CenterCenter"
  annoid = gsn_add_annotation(base_map, txid, amres) ; Attach string to plot

First of all x_out and y_out are not near the center (0.,0.) and the string ends up at the lower left corner of the map. I am probably doing something wrong, but I don't know what it is.

Thanks,
Andrea

----
Andrea N. Hahmann