Regrinding from one polar stereographic grid to another

From: Andrea N. Hahmann <ahah_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Jun 11 2012 - 05:09:33 MDT

Dear NCLs

I need to interpolate from one WRF Stereographic grid to another. Currently NCL has functions:

rgrid2rcm: Interpolates data on a rectilinear lat/lon grid to a curvilinear grid
rcm2rgrid: Interpolates data on a curvilinear grid (i.e. RCM, WRF, NARR) to a rectilinear grid

But not from one curvilinear grid to another. I could use rcm2points, but it seems inefficient. Could somebody recommend a strategy? I also need to do quite a few of these interpolations…

Thanks in advance for any help,
Cheers, Andrea

----
Andrea N. Hahmann