Regridding Question

From: Michelle Cipullo <mlcipull_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Jun 13 2012 - 00:09:30 MDT

Hi,

I am working on a script to regrid data from IPCC AR4 models to the 1˚ GFS
grid. I updated to ncl 6.1 to take advantage of the newer options, but I'm
confused by the example.

The one I'm referencing is:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/ESMF_cnd_6.ncl

After looking at the documentation I am confused what all the netCDF files
are. I have a netCDF file (bccr.nc) that contains the perturbations, and I
have grib files that contain the gfs grid. I don't really understand which
.nc files are used that are already there vs. which .nc files are created.

Could you help me understand what all the "grid" options are and how I
could perform this.

Let me know if this is unclear

Thanks for your time,
Michelle Cipullo