Re: linint2_Wrap Regriding

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Jun 12 2012 - 14:24:22 MDT

Hi Ping,
I think you are looking at the linint2_points documentation. On the
linint2_Wrap and linint2 pages here:
*http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/linint2.shtml
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/linint2_Wrap.shtml

"linint2* uses bilinear interpolation to interpolate from one
rectilinear grid
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/glossary.shtml#RectilinearGrid> to
another."

So going from a gaussian grid to a fixed lat/lon grid is fine.

Both the gaussian and fixed 1D lat/lon grids are considered rectilinear
according to the documentation here:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/glossary.shtml#RectilinearGrid
Adam