Re: gsnMaximize does not work

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Jun 25 2012 - 09:12:40 MDT

Dear Jingmin,

The gsnMaximize only works if you are applying to one panel plot per page, and
this example has two per page. The reason for this is that the plotting
routine needs to be aware of all plots already on the page, and the two
panel calls are not aware of each other, so they wouldn't be able to
maximize the plots correctly.

However, you can use "maximize_output" to maximize plots after they have been created.
To do this, you need to call "gsn_panel_return" so that the object id of both panel plots
are returned, and can thus be maximized later.

See the attached panel_18.ncl, which has been modified. I also updated the
example on the website.

I had to make a minor change for this to work. The top plots were too close to the top,
so I set panelres@gsnPanelTop to 0.95 (the default is 1.0) to give it a little bit of a margin.
I then changed gsnPanelBottom to 0.05 for the other plot, and used 0.35 as the midpoint
(instead of 0.4, which was originally used).

--Mary