Re: Plotting CBOFS Data with NCL

From: David Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Jun 22 2012 - 14:01:35 MDT

Hi Brandon,
I am attaching a revised version of your script that properly projects your data onto a map and orients the data correctly. There is still "blotchiness" at the edges, but I am sure that is a result of the way the model produced the data. I put a second frame that cleans it up a bit by turning values of "speed" that equal 0 into missing values.

The staggered u and v grids are also a result of the model. Technically you would need to interpolate the u data values to the v grid or vice versa, but since the grid is pretty high resolution, it would probably not make a visible difference for plotting purposes.

Things to notice: I substituted gsn_csm_contour_map for your call to gsn_csm_contour. All the map resources are set for the map plot and not for the vector plot which is overlaid on the map.
Hope this helps get you on your way.
 -dave