How to avoid "NO CONTOUR DATA" message

From: BasitAli Khan <BasitAli.Khan_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Jun 27 2012 - 17:21:30 MDT

Hi all,

I am overlaying more than 5 MODIS data files in on map using gsn_csm_contour and overlay functions (example hdf4sds_5.ncl). Sometimes one or more files do not have any data and the field being overlaid only have missing values -9999. In this case i get a warning message "warning:ContourPlotInitialize: no valid values in scalar field; ContourPlot not possible:[errno=1101]" which i don't mind but the problem is that in the middle of the filled contour plot i get this text written in a box "NO CONTOUR DATA". An easy way is to remove the file with only missing data buy I don't want to do it manually since I have to process a large number of files. I am just wondering if there is a way to avoid/prevent or remove this message from the plot.

Thanks and best regards,
Basit