Re: overlay map as a mask

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Jun 26 2012 - 13:45:15 MDT

Hi Brandon,
If all you want to do is tell NCL to mask out the ocean, one trick that
can be used is to have NCL fill the oceans as the last step.
Try setting these resources:

res@mpFillOn = True
res@mpFillColors = (/-1,0,-1,-1/) ; assuming 0 = white
res@mpFillDrawOrder = "PostDraw"

Setting mpFillDrawOrder ="Draw" might also work, depending on what else
you are drawing. Let ncl-talk know if this doesn't work or is not what
you are after... Adam