NCL and OPeNDAP

From: Brandon Capasso <sblueknigt_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Jul 03 2012 - 00:53:26 MDT

Greetings,

I am trying to read and plot fields from a remote NetCDF file, but I am
coming up with "blank" fields.

When I use:

*cdf_file = addfile(path,"r")*

where* path* points
to*http://opendap.co-ops.nos.noaa.gov/thredds/dodsC/NOAA/CBOFS/MODELS/201207/nos.cbofs.fields.nowcast.20120703.t00z.nc
*, my script runs without error and apparently reads the file, but plots
blank vector fields (as if there is no data). Furthermore, printVarSummary
on the remote file returns the correct dimension/attribute info for the
variables that I'm interested in (so I know ncl is reading the remote file).

When operating on the same file downloaded/saved on my local machine, my
script works perfectly and plots the vector fields without issue, so why am
I getting blank fields when operating on the remote file?

Regards,

Brandon Capasso