Re: CurlyVectors and gsn_csm_vector_scalar_map

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Jul 02 2012 - 08:59:05 MDT

Hi Josh,

Thanks so much for providing images and a script. This really helps. This is the first time I've ever seen something like those little x's.

Would it be possible for you to provide the GRIB file as well? If the file is too large, or you don't want to provide the whole file,
then you can just write the part that I need to a new NetCDF file:

  fin = addfile("GFS.grib2","r")
  u = a->UGRD_P0_L103_GLL0(:,:)
  v = a->VGRD_P0_L103_GLL0(:,:)
  t = 1.9438*sqrt((u*u)+(v*v))

  fout = addfile("GFS_partial.grib2","c")
  fout->t = t
  fout->u = u
  fout->v = v

You can use our ftp to upload the file, if you can't put it on your https page:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/report_bug.shtml#HowToFTP

--Mary