arrays of graphics devices

From: Douglas Lowe <Douglas.Lowe_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Jul 04 2012 - 03:50:17 MDT

Hi all,

Is it possible to open graphics devices within an array, rather than as individual objects?

We've attempted to use the code below to do this, but all that happens is that as one graphics object is added to the array the rest are closed.

type = "ps"
wks_array = new(nspc*2, "graphic") ; create workstation array

do ispc = 0,nspc-1
   print("opening workstations "+2*ispc+" and "+(2*ispc+1))
   wks_temp1 = gsn_open_wks(type,savefile(2*ispc))
   wks_temp2 = gsn_open_wks(type,savefile(2*ispc+1))

   wks_array(2*ispc) = wks_temp1
   wks_array(2*ispc+1) = wks_temp2
   delete(wks_temp1)
   delete(wks_temp2)
end do

We're attempting to open the graphics objects in this way so that we can loop through our processing code
(rather than have to duplicate everything 12 times). Does ncl support pointers? If so would it be possible for
us to use those to do this instead?

Thanks,
Doug