Re: XY plot attached along X-axis

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Jul 11 2012 - 08:54:36 MDT

Noel,

This is a very nice looking graphic! If we can get the opacity to work, perhaps you'd let us add to to our "new color capabilities" page at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/rgbacolor.shtml

I modified gsn_csm_xy to see if I could add the opacity stuff. See the attached sample script (fill.xy), which requires gsn_csm_xy_mod.ncl, also attached.
You don't need any datasets for this example.

To set the opacity, you need to set gsnXYFillOpacities to the same number of values as you have fill colors. I did this in a hurry, so it may not do exactly what you want.
Give it a try and let me know.

--Mary