sst-standardize problem

From: ren.whc <ren.whc_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Jul 10 2012 - 02:54:28 MDT

Hi There:
I'm new in using NCL,When I want to standardizing the HadiSST data,here's a problem
Because some gird values -1.8 in winter ,like grid(118,239)in "sst-std.ncl",so when I want to get the standard deviation of the data, the result of stdMonTLL shows 0 value(jan or feb) in such grid.,and ncl returns error "divid 0".When I try to change such value to _Fillvalue or -1.8,I use follow command and It always returns
"fatal:the result of the conditional expression yields a missing value.NCL cannot determine branch,see ismissing function"
;do ii=0,timelong-1
; do jj=0,nlat-1
; do kk=0,nlon-1
; if(uwnd(ii,jj,kk).eq.(-1.8))then
; uwnd(ii,jj,kk)=ismissing
; end if
; end do
; end do
;end do
Would please help me to handle such problem
PS:I do not use "dim_standardize_n" function to standardize data because I want to make the average value to be averaged between year 1971 and year 2000

Respect
ren.whc