Re: How to show the plot in the attachment?

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Jul 24 2012 - 08:41:14 MDT

Yong,

I'm afraid we don't have a way to create 3D plots like this.

We've done some work importing NCL WRF images into Vapor, which is a 3D interactive visualization environment. You can see some of those images at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/wrfvapor.shtml

This is specific to WRF data, however.

We have some very limited 3D plotting capability for doing basic surfaces and isosurfaces:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/tdpack.shtml

but again, nothing like the image you included here.

--Mary