Re: about interpolation

From: Cannavina, Dominique <d.cannavina11_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Jul 20 2012 - 08:02:50 MDT

Hi Cheung

I am new to ncl myself but found the following worked well when I was extracting data from single locations from WRF 2D lat/lon data runs, (but I don't know whick data you are extracting from). This is the extent of my knowledge I'm afraid so if it is not WRF it probably doesn't help.

; Find the ij location for the point if interest

lat = 51.5

lon = -0.5

llres = True

llres@ReturnInt = True ; Return integer values

locij = wrf_user_ll_to_ij(a, lon, lat, llres)

locij = locij - 1 ; array pointers in NCL space

locX = locij(0)

locY = locij(1)

Kind regards

Dominique