Re: Labelbar Boxes

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Aug 03 2012 - 08:44:50 MDT

Hi Carl,

I started working on an example offline, but it was a klutzy method and I wasn't happy with it. Basically, I was having to create the labelbar myself, so I could control the size of it exactly. I was using example lb_13.ncl at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/labelbar.shtml

to figure how to control the size of the labelbar (minus its labels), so I knew exactly where in the viewport it sat.

Then, I was using gsn_polyline_ndc to draw the box. This is not a good method, because you won't be able to panel this style of labelbar. I've included the example here, in case you want to have a look.

I think your method is probably just as good, and maybe better because you can panel it. You would need to attach the two plots using gsn_add_annotation, however, if you want to panel them later.

-Mary