Re: problem: "zero field" label and vcMinMagnitudeF

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Aug 03 2012 - 08:29:57 MDT

Dear Silvio,

Yes, the problem was fixed on June 20, but this was after our V6.1.0-beta release, so that version doesn't have the fix.

If you really need a fixed NCL now, let me know offline. I will need to know the output from:

   uname -a
   gcc --version
   gfortran --version
   ncl -V

If this is a Mac system, then also:

sw_vers -productVersion

Thanks,

--Mary

On Aug 3, 2012, at 8:18 AM, Davolio Silvio wrote:

> Dear Mary,
> just un update. I would like to know if the bug has been fixed.
> I have not found anything in the last month messages
>

> Many Thanks
> Regards
> Silvio
>
> On Tue, 19 Jun 2012, Mary Haley wrote:
>

>> Silvio,
>>
>> Thanks for the clarification. I was able to reproduce the problem, and I've filed a bug report, NCL-1495.
>> I tried setting vcZeroFLabelString to an empty string, but this didn't work either.
>>
>> --Mary
>>
>> On Jun 19, 2012, at 9:11 AM, Davolio Silvio wrote:
>>

>>> Dear Mary,
>>> thanks for the promp answer.
>>>
>>> Your script works, but the porblem is that rest@vcZeroFLabelOn = False does not work if vcMinMagnitudeF is set
>>>
>>> Starting from your example, and using u,v grater than 0, if you just add a threshold you can not get rid of "Zero field" label:
>>>
>>> load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl"
>>> load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_csm.ncl"
>>>
>>> begin
>>> u = new((/100,100/),float)
>>> v = new((/100,100/),float)
>>> v = 4.