Re: To attach lats and lons to a set of points

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Aug 14 2012 - 11:10:43 MDT

Hi Noel,

Did anybody ever respond to this?

I'm not sure what you mean "attach" the spatial information so you can do analysis and plotting.

I assume the lat/lon arrays are 1D of 1200 points? If so, there's no way to automatically attach this to the variable such that the NCL plotting or analysis routines will recognize them. We may add this as a future feature.

If you are simply creating contour/map plots, then the way to indicate your lat/lon arrays is via the sfYArray and sfXArray resources:

  res@sfYArray = lat
  res@sfXArray = lon

where "lat" and "lon" are your 1D arrays.

You may also need to set:

  res@gsnAddCyclic = False

--Mary