Re: gridding of TRMM 2A25 orbital product

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Aug 14 2012 - 10:44:22 MDT

[1] The script sent to you yesterday manually set some information
     that resulted in the correct dBZ. The information on the
     HDF file was incorrect. The file indicated that the
     scale_factor was 100 when it should be 0.01. Also,
     the -8888 indicated "ground clutter." These were set
     ti missing (_FillValue).

[2] The image sent you yesterday showed a single orbit with a very
     narrow footprint. Did you look at the figure? The data spanned
     ~32S - 32N and 0-360. Interpolating that single orbit to the
     grid you describe
     " into Cartesian grid points seperated by 250m in the
       vertical and 0.25 degree in both latitude and longitude "
     is rather bizarre. In fact, you would be analyzing
     interpolation artifacts and not the data.

[3] You can try regridding via
           http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/ESMF.shtml

[4] I suggest you contact NASA TRMM and not ncl-talk.