Re: Read large volume data from modis files

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Aug 22 2012 - 14:58:08 MDT

Do you mean that for each of several housand modis level 2 data files
you want to interpolate via (say) linear interpolation to a fixed
0.1 degree grid? Are these swath data or grided data?

There should be one loop over all the files

  dirModis = "./"
  filModis = systemfunc("cd "+dirModis " ; ls ????*")
  nfil = dimsizes(filModis)

  do nf=0,nfil-1
     f = addfile (dirModis_filModis(nf), "r")
     x = f->
     y = f->
     z = f->

     xnew = ...interpolate...
     ynew = ...interpolate...
     znew = ...interpolate...

; write out a netCDF with time unlimited

  end do

After it is over, use the netCDF operator 'ncrcat' to
merge all the individual files