Assignment type mismatch

From: jagadish karmacharya <j_karmacharya_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Aug 21 2012 - 10:46:03 MDT

Hi, I have received a script to compute eof, which works fine on a demonstation dataset. But when I attemped the same on my datasets it gave following error: fatal:["NclVar.c":1376]:Assignment type mismatch, right hand side can't be coerc                     ed to type of left hand side fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 30 in file denosing1.ncl The corresponding line of the script is as follows:     ptw = pt*conform(pt,wgt,0) I found, in response to a query, that NCL is a "strongly typed language", it will not allow a float variable on the left hand side to be over written with a variable of type double and suggested solutoin was following:    eof_ts = eof_ts/tofloat(sumWgt) When I tried the same for "ptw" on previous line ( i.e replaced ptw = pt with ptw =tofloat(pt) ) the script runs OK but the trouble is axes of the resulting file lacks latitude or longitude information. How can I solve the problem? Thanks in advance. Jagadish