Re: missing_value

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Aug 27 2012 - 15:32:19 MDT

Hi Antonio,
Is there a particular reason why you have _FillValue set to 0? As you
have found out, it is not recommended that _FillValue be set to 0. If
your input data set has _FillValue = 0, you can change it to something
else manually, and all the missing data will be assigned that new
_FillValue.

For instance, look at the results of this code snippet:
a = (/-1,1,-999/)
a@_FillValue = -999
print(a)
a@_FillValue = -888
print(a)

The final print(a) statement will yield:
Variable: a
Type: integer
Total Size: 12 bytes
             3 values
Number of Dimensions: 1
Dimensions and sizes: [3]
Coordinates:
Number Of Attributes: 2
   _Fillvalue : -888
   _FillValue : -888
(0) -1
(1) 1
(2) -888

So, I would simply change your _FillValue from 0 to another value...
Hope that helps.. Adam