Re: TRMM HDF

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Aug 29 2012 - 08:03:24 MDT

Did you look at the file?

    %> ncl_filedump 3B42.20020203.00.7.HDF | less

It is different than the example so you must make
the appropriate changes.

---
The Fake Dim are just Warning messages ...ignore them.
The original had 3 dimensions as indicated in the script
   work  = f->precipitation   ; (scan, longitude, latitude)
On the file you sent, precipitation has 2 dimensions
    float precipitation ( nlon, nlat )
Same for relative error
so the rest of the code must change also
EG: There is no time (scan) so this is not appropriate
Change
   prc!0      = "time"
    prc!1      = "lat"                   ; 1st ... name the dimensions
    prc!2      = "lon"
    prc&lat    =  lat                    ; create coordinate variable
    prc&lon    =  lon
    prc!0      = "lat"                   ; 1st ... name the dimensions
    prc!1      = "lon"
    prc&lat    =  lat                    ; create coordinate variable
    prc&lon    =  lon
In the plotting change the 3D to 2D
plot(0)    = gsn_csm_contour_map_ce(wks,prc(0,:,:), res)
plot(0)    = gsn_csm_contour_map_ce(wks,prc   , res)
Good luck