Re: perspective of a contour plot

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Sep 12 2012 - 15:09:23 MDT

Hi Suvarchal,

My colleague Tim Scheitlin found a nice tool called "rotate3D" that is free, and depends on the ImageMagick tools:

http://www.fmwconcepts.com/imagemagick/rotate3D/index.php

You probably already have ImageMagick installed if you are using "convert".

For example, if you run the example "panel_17.ncl" on the panel page:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/panel.shtml'

with the output going to a "png" instead of a "ps", then you can tilt it using something like:

rotate3D 0,45,0 maponly.png maponly_tilt.png

See the attached images.

--Mary