Re: Only label the minimum contour and maximum contour

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Sep 12 2012 - 10:43:48 MDT

I assume you are talking about the contour line labels?

If so, there's a resource called "cnLevelFlags" that allows you to indicate whether each contour level gets "NoLine", "LineOnly", "LabelOnly", or "LineAndLabel".

See example 15 at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/coneff.shtml#ex15

or example 1 at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/station.shtml#ex1

for how to set this resource. It needs to be an array that's the same length as the number of contour levels that you have.
In your case, You would probably want to set the first and last value of the array to "LineAndLabel", and the rest of the array
to "LineOnly".

--Mary