Reading in a list of dates in NCL

From: Stephanie Jacobs <s.jacobs_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Sep 13 2012 - 18:22:03 MDT

Dear NCL talk,

I have a specific text file of dates I would like to read into NCL so that
I can output certain data from a netCDF file (such as mean sea level
pressure) for those days and use it accordingly without manually finding
which time step in my netCDF corresponds to which date. I've had a look at
the function cd_calendar but it seems to be mainly used for when you want
to convert a time step to a date and not the other way around.

I would really appreciate some help on this.

Thank you very much,

Stephanie Jacobs