Re: Calculating anomalies

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Sep 13 2012 - 15:30:58 MDT

Hi Nkese,
If you want to remove the monthly annual cycle, then using
clmMonTLL/calcMonAnomTLL (an easier method is to use rmMonAnnCycTLL) is
the way to go. This method removes the January average from every
January timestep, and does this for every grid point.

If you want to remove the overall time-mean from each timestep though,
then dim_rmvmean_n is one way to go.

Generally, for most applications, removing the annual cycle is done..

Hope that helps. If not, please respond to ncl-talk..
Adam