Re: grib2 fie read

From: David Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Sep 24 2012 - 18:54:35 MDT

HI LC,
The warning message has nothing to do with the problem you encountered with out-of-range coordinate values. The message simply means that NCL cannot find a table entry for the variable. In this case that is because there is no published entry for parameter 3 in table 4.2.2.4. The GRIB file is either in error or is using an unpublished parameter value. I do think there may have been an earlier version of this table that had indexes 1,2, and 3 instead of 0, 1, and 2.

Regarding the out-of-range coordinate values, that turns out to be a bug in NCL's generation of lambert conformal coordinates. This file has the Y coordinates going from north to south, which is rather unusual (for lambert conformal grids at least). Anyway, the problem has now been fixed. The new code will be available in NCL 6.1.0.
 -dave