Re: cmip5 “lon2d,lat2d”data

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun Sep 30 2012 - 11:49:43 MDT

On Sep 27, 2012, at 6:28 PM, Ëïyan wrote:

> hello,
> (1) I use cmip5 data, many datas are ¡°lon2d,lat2d¡±data.when I use ¡°rcm2rgrid¡± function to regrid,some region is FillValue.why?
> (2) how to deal with ¡°lon2d,lat2d¡±data?
> thank you

There's not enough information to help you. It doesn't surprise me that you would have missing values, especially if the rectilinear grid goes outside the range of your curvilinear grid.

Did you print out any values, or try plotting the regridded data to see if it looks correct?

You can also visit our ESMF regridding page. See example ESMF_regrid_6.ncl:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/ESMF.shtml#ex6