using gsn_contour_shade

From: Daniel Barandiaran <dbarandiaran_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Oct 04 2012 - 12:06:06 MDT

Hi NCLers,

I was just trying to use the gsn_contour_shade function, if the following
way:

opt = True
opt@gsnShadeFillType = "color"
opt@gsnShadeHigh = 2

plot(0) = gsn_csm_contour_map(wks,psiJASclim(2,:,:),res)
plot(0) = gsn_contour_shade(plot(0),-999.,0.,opt)

and when I run it, the contour filling overlays the map, rendering the map
invisible. I tried setting res@mpFillDrawOrder = "postDraw", but then the
map elements cover up the shading that was drawn with gsn_contour_shade. I
don't even necessarily want the map to be filled in, I just want to see the
continental outlines. Any ideas? Just in case this matters, I am running
NCL version 6.0.0.

Danny Barandiaran