Re: The gsn_csm_streamline_map_ce function and time labels

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Oct 12 2012 - 09:43:57 MDT

Hi,

With the special TimeLabel WRF attribute, you actually have to give it a string, and not just True, if I understand it correctly. It then puts that string at the bottom of the plot.

We don't have something identical to this behavior, but you can look at our text examples, that show you how to add text to a plot, either inside or outside.

In particular, look at example text_9.ncl:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/text.shtml#ex9

Instead of

  amres@amOrthogonalPosF = -0.5 ; This is the top edge of the plot.

You want to try a value of 0.5 or slightly higher. Also, set:

  amres@amJust = "TopCenter"

This is basically what the "res@TimeLabel" code was doing "under the hood" in wrf_contour.

--Mary