The gsn_csm_streamline_map_ce function and time labels

From: Benjamin Stieneke <bastiene_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Oct 11 2012 - 18:03:15 MDT

Hello,

I have been successful in using the gsn_csm_streamline_map_ce function to make streamline plots of data from WRF (see script at http://www4.ncsu.edu/~bastiene/streamlines.ncl), however I am having a problem finding a way to include a time label onto my plots. When using the wrf_contour function to plot other wrf variables such as temperature or pressure, this is very simple to do by adding reso_at_timelabel = true to the resources, however this appears only to work with wrf_contour. Is there a way to add a time label to the below script? I am making plot files that step through 30-40 time steps, and keeping track of what time I am looking at would make things much easier for me. Thanks for any help.

--
Andrew Stieneke
MS Student - Atmospheric Science