Re: Joining Daymet Tiles with NCL

From: Dave Allured <dave.allured_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sat Oct 27 2012 - 14:56:20 MDT

Ping,

I looked at 11393 on the coast. Daymet apparently minimizes the
included X/Y grid for each tile to cover points over land only. So
the tile collection includes some micro grids. Church Lady says,
isn't that special!

Well, the join script is capable of joining files of differing grid
sizes, because that is the default paradigm for Daymet, anyway. So
you are safe to join the small tiles with the normal ones.

The primary joining rule remains. Any two files (or "grids") to be
joined *by this method* must have at least one grid point in common.
So a subsize tile along the coastline should join with the next tile
inland, with no problem.

Things may break down if you try to join two tiles with no land along
the common edge. Now I see this particular problem in your tile map
in yesterday's post. The script will probably fail if you try to join
11936 and 11937 directly (east-west). So join 11937 (Yarmouth, Nova
Scotia) to land to the north first, to make a "bridge" to the
continent. Also, please do inspect the console very carefully for
error messages, when joining many tiles under control of a driver
script. HTH.

--Dave